View Single Post
Old 01-20-2009, 06:59 AM   #27 (permalink)
semtex
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: People to drink
semtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhound View Post
What is the difference between Xcel and 3M Clear bra?
First, it's Xpel, not Xcel. Having said that, the installer who did my car told me that Xpel used to get their film from 3M, but weren't really satisfied with the quality of it and kept pleading with 3M to make some changes. 3M basically said nah, it's fine the way it is, so about a year ago or so, Xpel gave 3M the boot and started manufacturing their own film, which is a much better quality than what 3M was providing (according to the installer). So if I'm understanding things correctly, prior to all this, 3M and Xpel film were the same thing, as Xpel was just licensing 3M film and putting their own name on it. But now they are two truly different products.
semtex is offline   Reply With Quote