View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 06:18 PM   #20 (permalink)
zefaulter
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th 370Z
zefaulter has a reputation beyond reputezefaulter has a reputation beyond reputezefaulter has a reputation beyond reputezefaulter has a reputation beyond reputezefaulter has a reputation beyond reputezefaulter has a reputation beyond reputezefaulter has a reputation beyond reputezefaulter has a reputation beyond reputezefaulter has a reputation beyond reputezefaulter has a reputation beyond reputezefaulter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da.Menace View Post
Just so you guys know.
1) There is already an official distributor and vendor for this product in both USA and Canada. Search it on Google.
2) There is a problem with both Blackvue DR400G-HD and DR400G-HD II (Overheating issues and/or quality of video degrading over time)

And yes, it overheats in Canadian summers too which is odd. I can't imagine the chances of overheating in the southern states of USA.

The people who bought them from group buy hosted last year had to do various modifications to the thing to fix the overheating problem.
They were doing stuff like cutting "venting holes" + mounting a heatsink on the device to make it "cool faster".
Some guys were protecting the camera with reflective sun visors so the camera doesn't overheat.
Plus some other guy had to leave a crack with their window so that "air ventilates".

With the above mentioned hassles.. I don't know guys. Each to their own I guess.

However, I'm not sure if the problem still exists with the DR500G since its still fairly new.

As for the "Power Block", I assume that it is the "Power Magic Pro" that they sell.
Even though the device is suppose to enable the camera to be powered even though the car is off (obtaining power from the battery directly), however there are reports from users that it still drained their battery nonetheless and they had to power boost their cars after 3 days or so.
Interesting points. I know about the overheating issue but I thought it only affects the first dr400 not the second edition, dr400 hd II.
zefaulter is offline   Reply With Quote