View Single Post
Old 10-02-2009, 08:58 PM   #38 (permalink)
antennahead
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '07 Z4 "M" Roadster
antennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by semtex View Post
Really? How does it lock in? Can you elaborate? I wasn't aware that radar could lock in on a particular car. I always thought one of the big criticisms of radar is that if there are multiple cars on the road, there's no way to tell which car's speed is being displayed.
This is true according to my research, as well as comments by an ez-officer I know ........ It picks up speed, but doesn't tell the cop who is going that speed. On two different occasions years ago, my dectector went off on the interstate, just before a curve ...... I slow down quickly, the Corvette keeps on going. The cop pulls out and pulls the Corvette. He was in the middle lane going much slower than I was, appeared to be doing the speed limit. This is why I HATE radar .................. accurate as to speed sometimes, not accurate as to who is producing that speed.

John