View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 02:14 PM   #1189 (permalink)
italy3541
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2014BMW Z4 35isdrive
italy3541 has much to be proud ofitaly3541 has much to be proud ofitaly3541 has much to be proud ofitaly3541 has much to be proud ofitaly3541 has much to be proud ofitaly3541 has much to be proud ofitaly3541 has much to be proud ofitaly3541 has much to be proud ofitaly3541 has much to be proud ofitaly3541 has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to italy3541

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4r3s View Post
They have no reason to move on the price. Its still early in the month and you actually made the trip all the way there. The fact that you made the trip says to them that you are willing to buy at the current price. If you weren't happy with the price you should have never set foot in their shop. I have a feeling you are digging yourself into a hole here. They've got you by the balls, already talking a second car when you don't even like the price on the first. Walk away. Need to separate your emotions for the vehicles and walk away. They will call you in a week or two to continue negotiating.
trust me i know, this isnt my first time.. iv bought and sold 34 cars.. as for the part about not going to the dealer until they meet ur price i only partialy agree.. iv talked to many dealers and only got them to a certain point on the phone before. but when your there and they know ur ready to buy they usualy start to bargin.. they dont always look at people on the phone as a serious buyer.. so i call around and find a dealer that is willing to deal over the phone. then when i get to the point where we are close and i think i cant get them to move over the phone i go with with cash in hand and see if they change their minds.. its worked for me many times in the past..

unfortunatly this time it did not work.. they stayed firm on their price.. i was planning on buying 2 cars today but was saving that if we got to where i wanted to be kinda as a incentive to make them give me the deal. when i started to look for another z my girl decided she wanted a juke. so almost all the dealers that i have been talking to iv been working deals on 2 cars not just the z.

NO DEALER HAS EVER HAD ME BY THE BALLS.. i cant count how many times iv walked out of a dealership or told off a sales manager.. i never allow myself to get pushed around.. if u met me you would understand my personality wouldnt allow that to happen..

just aske the people who have met me from on here.. im what most would consider aggressive...

anyway to make a long story longer i wasted a total of 6 hours of my time. i got them down a lot while i was there but not to where i wanted to be. so after dealing with all the managers i told them thanks but i wont buy for that price..

so u know how close the deal ws.. i wanted a 2013 sprt 6speed z for 31k i got them down to 32,500. most would have jumped at it. but when i set a price i dont break it.. i have amazing self control, and i never let myself get emotionaly involved.. i walk into all dealers with the mind set that i will walk at any point and time.. there is always another dealer with a car i would want.. its just a matter of finding one who will do what it takes to make the sale...
italy3541 is offline   Reply With Quote