View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 06:49 AM   #5174 (permalink)
onzedge
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 240Z
onzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond repute

Good morning!!!

Here is a slice of my life: Kate is at a meeting of laboratory animal scientists for the UC system in Pismo Beach until tomorrow -- she could not escape it as she is a big wheel. I am cool with this because she’ll be there at the big ceremony in Arlington a few months from now.

Today I am flying to Long Beach to attend Dad's memorial service. Oh yeah, I am flying with Brianna and Faye (Colin's fiancé and my granddaughter) as well as ex-wife number 1 (militant lesbian but loved my Dad).

Colin and Taylor (my sons) are driving down there (about 410 miles) in Colin's 1983 Volvo 244 (modded).

My oldest sister (childless yet knows more about parenting than any person living or dead) refuses to attend any sort of services because she thinks that people only go to funerals and such out of guilt and that they should have spent time with the person before they were dead (even though she almost never visited the folks because she feel slighted about how she was raised).

This all seems normal to me.