View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 05:48 AM   #17 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubs234 View Post
My friend is a big car enthusiast. And is the most knowledgeable person about cars that i know. He literally is no noob or ricer or someone who just think he knows. He does and when I research it from the correct sources, he's always correct to the dot. He says that getting Stillen Gen 3 intakes and Fast intentions CBE and a UPrev tune is all a waste of money just for 30hp and a couple of more torque since I will never ever even feel the difference unless I'm on a track and going 100mph or more. He says that daily driving it's a waste of money to get any of those mods. Especially because what I am doing is all Naturally aspirated and I don't get much gains unless I go Forced Induction. Do you think I'm wasting my money with these mods and i wont feel it at all?
Your friend is right. What I did first were my brakes. Now i'm working on suspension mods. You can add just as much acceleration time improving your suspension tune as you can intake/exhaust if done right. The difference is, the suspension tune will be useful throughout the range and will really make your car feel better.
Intake and exhaust are great for aesthetics unless you're doing quarter miles. I prefer the MAF hose mod as it helps keep air cooler going into the intake which has more use. In conjunction with HP filters you get 3-8hp throughout the range, instead of 10-15 hp in the last 200rpm. But if you're on the dragstrip? Thats where you will need high rev power.

N/A applications. The most important things are:
Brakes
Suspension
Cooling
weight reduction.

At the end of the day though... It's your money. Use it how you want to. Opinions are like azzholes.

But $4,000 in breathing mods? (intake, headers, test pipe, exhaust) Or $4,500 in a supercharger? I'll take the supercharger. Or spend an extra grand or two on a single turbo kit.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote