View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 09:18 PM   #3190 (permalink)
chrischhorn
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2014 Juke Nismo RS
chrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmhenderson View Post
Can someone explain what benefit you get out of upgrading the LSD on this car? My understanding was always that hi-torque LSDs were for offroad/rally vehicles.
Puts power to the ground more efficiently by reducing wheel spin by doing 50/50 power into the rear wheels instead of 100% into the lower resistant tire. When both tires spin equally, each tire only needs half as much traction to push the car forward where as if you have a peg leg (non lsd) then 1 tire takes on the job of pushing the car 100%. For even aggressive street driving, you are able to power through and push out of corners sooner as you have more traction. For tracking, its a must.

Oh yeah, I drilled wholes in my rear trim plastic pieces so I could adjust my damper on my coilovers more easily today. I will still be cleaning them up a little bit more but I figured it would be easier this way for Autox so between runs I can hop out, adjust, and hop back in and run again

R.I.P. 8/01/13 1SlowZ
One day I'll have another....

Last edited by chrischhorn; 03-07-2013 at 09:22 PM.