View Single Post
Old 10-02-2009, 01:03 PM   #35297 (permalink)
rreign
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 03 Evo 8
rreign has a reputation beyond reputerreign has a reputation beyond reputerreign has a reputation beyond reputerreign has a reputation beyond reputerreign has a reputation beyond reputerreign has a reputation beyond reputerreign has a reputation beyond reputerreign has a reputation beyond reputerreign has a reputation beyond reputerreign has a reputation beyond reputerreign has a reputation beyond repute

Not yet, I can take some tonight. You gotta hear this story of how I got it though!!

So I was looking at a Ducati 748 and called the salesman at around 10:00 the next morning to let him know I would be in to buy it. I got there around 4:00 and he informs me that right around the time I called, another guy called and talked to a different salesman and put a down payment on it. So of course I'm pissed, but not the end of the world. I said, well I'm here. Let's see if we can work something out. I didn't want to spend more than 6k for everything (wife had some restrictions, lol) I looked around and didn't really find much for that price range.
I told him look, you made the mistakes here, just make it right and see what you can do for me. The GM came out and started talking with me. He was from Columbus Ohio originally and I'm from Cleveland. Also, he was prior military, I'm a Marine. He said, "well shi* I guess I gotta do something for you. " "Take a look around at some used bikes and just pick one." "I'll have my gear guy hook you up with a helmet, jacket and gloves then just let me know what you picked." I looked around a little bit and found an extrememly nice 2007 GSXR 600 Black/Black with a 2 Brother's slip-on exhaust, Icon jacket, HJC helmet to match and Alpine gloves. When I talked to him again and told him everything, he looked pissed. The grand total would have been around $7900 and because he told me just to pick and he would make it work, I got everything for exactly 6k... not a penny more!! How's that for some haggling skills, lol.