View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 09:30 AM   #40 (permalink)
zguynate
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370z
zguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmike2780 View Post
I just think it's kind of pointless to "blow this up" on the internet. Both walk away and it doesn't sound like there were injuries or property damage. This is nothing more than pointing out a "gotcha" moment. How an individual behaved or drove on previous days or hours before the incident is very much indicative of a motive. Any lawyer would gladly use that to build a case against the biker considering the previous videos directly relate to the rules of the road. Just as an example, if he has 50 videos of himself going 90mph and weaving in & out of traffic, a lawyer could prove motive that he's a reckless driver and possible caused the incident. Put another way, it would be like having a video of a cop slapping you in the *** while you have 50 other YouTube videos of yourself punching random strangers in the face.

Like I said, the cop was being a **** and could have handled it better. The guy on the bike also had the choice to keep this private and achieve the same result.....but he didn't.
I disagree with you. Sure the biker could drive like a douche all the time but in this video he wasnt. The officer was definitely at fault for this accident. Instead of manning up for his mistake and taking his ticket and departmental discipline for causing an accident, he gets out and yells at the bike driver like it was his fault. If you got rear ended by a cop, then got yelled at for something that clearly wasnt your fault you would be mad too.

Im a firm believer in you should always do whats right. This officer just intimidated the bike driver to keep from getting in trouble.