View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 06:34 AM   #20 (permalink)
mults
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 (40th) #706
mults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeadr View Post
Then shouldn't that mean that I could disconnect the switch entirely? When I press the button, it breaks the circuit, so shouldn't it just think the clutch is pressed if I disconnect the switch? I also tried a wire bridge and it didn't work.
I think that the ECU needs to "see" the switch open and close when necessary. If the switch is bridged like you say to keep it closed permanently, then the ECU does not see the change in state. I know when I try to start my car, the dash icon lights up that says to depress the clutch (switch closed) and then the car starts. If the ECU does not see the switch close, then the car will not start. It is a programmed sequence that has to happen otherwise, nada.
Build Date/Number: 1/27/2010 #706
Berk HFC + CBE, R2C CAI, Clear Bra, Cleveland Z Club

Last edited by mults; 03-07-2013 at 10:15 AM.
mults is offline   Reply With Quote