View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 08:55 PM   #27 (permalink)
gomer_110
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '11 Nismo #528 GM
gomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipsWithDips View Post
I installed Eibachs recently, and measured the weights. For what it's worth the weight calculations in that chart are a bit off. According to my measurements the weight ratio eibach/stock is 128% for front(pretty close to that chart calculation) but 193% for the rear, which is pretty far off from the 140% listed in the chart.

Eibach Front Sway: 4.52 kg
Eibach Rear Sway: 3.80 kg

Stock Front Sway: 3.51 kg
Stock Rear Sway: 1.97 kg

Also you could theoretically do a more detailed calculation if you measured the "lever arm" length of the various endlink setting holes and added that into the calculation. Shorter lever arm means less mechanical advantage, making it effectively stiffer. Though I don't know how much value there is in trying doing these calculations when really the inner diameter is only a guess.
Just sharing what another member shared with me. Guess from now on I'll have to post a disclaimer that there may be errors. Thanks for pointing out the error though.
'11 370Z Nismo #528 Fast Intentions | Stillen | Motordyne | Uprev | CSF | Zspeed | Z1 Motorsports | AST | Swift | SPC | SPL | Whiteline | Hotchkis | Bride | Schroth | Robispec | Cusco | Nismo | Volk | Forgestar | Hoosier | RJM
'17 Titan Bone Stock
gomer_110 is offline   Reply With Quote