View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 08:47 PM   #25 (permalink)
ChipsWithDips
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '11 Gunmetal 370Z MT
ChipsWithDips has a spectacular aura aboutChipsWithDips has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomer_110 View Post
Here's a chart someone showed me when I was looking at sway bars. Hope it helps.

I installed Eibachs recently, and measured the weights. For what it's worth the weight calculations in that chart are a bit off. According to my measurements the weight ratio eibach/stock is 128% for front(pretty close to that chart calculation) but 193% for the rear, which is pretty far off from the 140% listed in the chart.

Eibach Front Sway: 4.52 kg
Eibach Rear Sway: 3.80 kg

Stock Front Sway: 3.51 kg
Stock Rear Sway: 1.97 kg

Also you could theoretically do a more detailed calculation if you measured the "lever arm" length of the various endlink setting holes and added that into the calculation. Shorter lever arm means less mechanical advantage, making it effectively stiffer. Though I don't know how much value there is in trying doing these calculations when really the inner diameter is only a guess.
PPE Headers SS/Coated/Wrapped | Ebay y-pipe | Custom 3" single exhaust w/ Magnaflows | UpRev | Racingbrake 2pc Rotors | 40th calipers | Eibach sways | SPL endlinks, diff mounts | RJM pedal | Stillen Intakes, UDP, Flywheel | M370 Manifold | Z1 engine mounts, CSC-EK, Clutch | Forgestar F14 18x10 | Conti DWs | Quaife diff/4.08 gears | Nismo diff cover
ChipsWithDips is offline   Reply With Quote