View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 07:08 PM   #90 (permalink)
blackcherry20
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: ‘17 badazz Z51
blackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt Tam I am View Post
I missed a stop light and had to wait two minutes minimum. It was Saturday and every car is on it's way to the beach. A 911S (997) came to the light across the intersection and went right on red legally. Yet if I had been in gear as the light changed the Porsche would not have gotten ahead of me. He used his power to zip ahead. We were both stuck behind plenty of cars, but one by one they peeled off leaving just the two of us, both going the limit at 35. It would be easy to speed on the straight but a 180 degree turn is coming up. At the end of this turn is a 55MPH sign.

The 911 driver, doing what I do, allowed all cars up ahead to get further along. I dropped into second just before the turn and as we exited the turn he went full on the gas. I was grateful for the earlier decision to downshift. The 911 shot towards the next turn now at the 55 limit. Clearly this fellow knew the road and conditions. He left room for unexpected bicyclists, which is a must. I stuck with him for seven turns, never a peep from our tires, never exceeding the speed limit, then we met traffic going 25-30 MPH.

Apparently he lived nearby as he pulled into a residential turn off. I waved and smiled as I gave a thumbs up, he refused to look at me.

The rest of the ride was bumper tp bumper all the way home.
Snob. him i mean! You were quite the friendly fellow!
Missed your posts. Maybe when i get mine out i will attempt writing about my daily driving experiences....