View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 05:14 PM   #4815 (permalink)
alcheng
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 ZR PW w/Clutch
alcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post

anyone run pedalbox? i want to see how it can improve the latency our throttle has. i found it only connects between the pedal and the pedal harness so no issue with obd2 port.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaleForce View Post
I think with the pedal box, you'll trade initial pedal delay for maximum pedal earlier in the pedal stroke. For example, maximum output when the pedal is depressed 50%. I would have to do more reading/research to verify that.

Is that a scenario you would be satisfied with?

I went to the pedalbox website again and read more about the product... saw one of the chart they post and I have an idea on how does it work but I am not sure is it necessary for a street car.

( Click to show/hide )

Basically it's a module that allow the driver to adjust what's called... the "Throttle-Curve"

It alters the values between the actual-throttle-position and the ECU-throttle-position.

Therefore, when the gas pedal is 50% depress and ECU might thought it's at 60% or 70%.

By reading its diagram, the adjustment is most effective through the mid-range.

I am not sure how much it can improve/correct the problem that Mr.kenchan is experience since he is complaining the initial throttle-response.

Which...the pedalbox has the minimum effect on that position.

My opinion, this module is more suitable for track use since the driver can:

1) Adjust the throttle-response according to different track lay-out.

2) weather condition (dry/high traction surface more responsive vs wet/low traction less responsive)

On top of that, I am wondering the adjustment will lose its "effectiveness", not from the device itself, but the driver itself will get used to responsiveness of the throttle.

alcheng's conclusion: Save the $499.

CAD$0.02