View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 04:33 PM   #4808 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMBmikeZ View Post
O NO I hate getting damaged shipments. Come on now really, I am sorry if there is any Shipping & Receiving guys on here but lets get our sh!t together people pay for your services so do them right or f*ck off! (sorry I to have had damaged shipments, one time with a non returnable part )

anyway hop the HU is ok
yah, i will find out if there's any external damage later on. i will also be testing the unit while i install it into my Z so im not too worried. worst case i will just do an exchange and drive my G that weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happytheman View Post
Way back in the day, I used to work holidays at USPS..and you wouldn't believe how rough priority packages were treated. The boxes were literally thrown into large bins from the conveyor belt, so they could be jammed onto another truck..
yah, when i received my big roll of dinoc in a usps shipping tube, it looked like the mail folks went to town playing darth vader vs luke with it.

it was a 4ft x 4ft sheet with about 50% wrinkled. i noted the vendor asking if they could at least give me like a 2ftx 4ft section, but they immediately sent me a full replacement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaleForce View Post
I think with the pedal box, you'll trade initial pedal delay for maximum pedal earlier in the pedal stroke. For example, maximum output when the pedal is depressed 50%. I would have to do more reading/research to verify that.

Is that a scenario you would be satisfied with?
thanks, mr.gale. i have a feeling this is not going to help in the latency issue we have with the throttle. why i say this is becuase with my music gear, latency is a problem when playing heavy software instruments like piano's off my MBP.

say for instance a particular sample buffer setting has a latency of 8ms. changing the velocity parameter (example: soft keystroke to trigger larger sound output) does NOT help compensate the latency problem while playing. the sound still plays late.. just louder.