View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 12:27 PM   #141 (permalink)
nuTinmuch
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: PG 7AT 370Z
nuTinmuch is a jewel in the roughnuTinmuch is a jewel in the roughnuTinmuch is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to nuTinmuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red__Zed View Post
I think you misread the thread title.
wat

Quote:
Don't say you're all about fun and bring up tech issues in the cockpit. That's highly contradictory.
also wat

Where do I bring up anything like that? Innovation isn't limited to nav screens.

Let's try again:

Quote:
If I was buying a car today all I can tell you is that I wouldn't be visiting a Nissan showroom. That isn't because they don't make good cars, it's because as of right now they are behind the competition.
Quote:
All I care about is fun. What car offers me fun? If I walk into a Ford showroom I can find cars that I can afford that are fun.

If I walk into a Nissan showroom I can find fun, too. But I can't afford it or it is outdated.
In other words, if I walk into a Nissan showroom I see two cars -- good ones -- but the one I can afford (the 370) is behind the competition in the year 2013. That is because of ~reasons~ (that were already stated in this thread). It's outdated.

What I'm saying is this:

Nissan should've been building a S16 or something like it. It would be nice to see a competitive Juke or SE-R. As the 370 didn't sell well, it didn't get a refresh, so it is far behind the competition. This does not mean it is a bad car. It just means it is behind the competition.

If I walk into a Ford showroom, I see cars that I like. That are fun. That I can afford. This is all. Finally...

Quote:
Deep down inside what it really boils down to is that the mustang is the fastest on the block under $40k and some ego's are hurt they don't have the fastest car. But handling wise, quality and technology wise, the Mustang is still the inferior car.
Alternatively, some people enjoy going fast in a straight line. Fun for some people might be feeling gobs of torque. Fun for others is going around corners. For me, fun isn't something I can pin down. All I know is that (for me) Nissan is lacking in the fun department. That's okay. They'll survive and they'll sell cars. As I said earlier, fun-oriented drivers like myself are a dying breed. They are likely making the right business choices.

But (as I said pages ago) I see their offerings as sub-par.

also you sort of answered your own question about the Juke. The Focus ST gets props because it went the distance (minus its dif, maybe). The Juke is close, but most would agree it is just short of being cool

Last edited by nuTinmuch; 03-06-2013 at 12:44 PM.