Thread: OIL Question
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 10:24 AM   #29 (permalink)
Volk Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Nismo Z
Volk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendrick777 View Post
So Its still bad even though the Car and Filter only have 1,000 miles on it?

And as far as the filter equipment. I have the little plastic cup one that is fit for this filter size. It just wont grip ive tried putting stuff into the cup to create more grip it just wont. And also I have the wrench type filter remover but its the one with the dumb rubber strap that you put on there and torque. I dented the filter on my 2011 before. But is there a certain type you guys use? Cuz I noticed the filter is in the same place as a regular Z but it has more **** around it.

And You are very welcome sir!
Go to Home Depot and get some strap wrenches... It is a rubber band you can wrap around the filter and it will come off easily OR go to DIcks Sporting goods and grab a pair of Wide receiver Football gloves SUPER STICKY and will do the trick as well.

Also for a new filter go with a K&N it has a hex head so you can take it off super easily with a Socket wrench.

As everyone said change your filter, you probably wont have an easy time taking off the filter and not losing a ton of oil... If i were you i would re-do the whole job and take the filter and drain plug off first. Then put the new filter and plug back in and THEN fill up.

Nissan calls for 5 1/8 quarts as well for your first oil change FYI so if you say you put in 5 quarts your FINE...