View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 11:53 PM   #68 (permalink)
scruffydog
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: with his eyes close
scruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGTV8 View Post
ARP studs are hardened futher-muckers .... will take some cutting methinks !!!

Not reason why you couldn't do it, BUT measure three times before you cut.

The lug nuts must engage at least 13mm of thread to be "safe".

I still reckon you can "open" the OEM lug nuts - won;t make a lot of difference cosmetically and your "lock nuts" are still workable .... I'll take some photo's of my set up tomorrow night and post .... donlt like the idea of cutting ARP studs ... will wreck lots of hacksaw blades ...
What if I take it to a machine shop, u think a machine shop could easily cut it if needed?
I guess ultimately I want to figure out what length stud will these extend stud protrude pass the wheel? Is there some kind of calculator to figure this out without the wheels or the extended studs? All I know is the APR studs are 75mm long, what about the stock ones and how much do they protrude pass the wheel to make the 13mm minimum thread engagement?

Last edited by scruffydog; 03-06-2013 at 12:32 AM.
scruffydog is offline   Reply With Quote