View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 06:50 PM   #326 (permalink)
edconline
Track Member

Drives: 10' MB Z34 6MT T/S/N
edconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure I would agree it NEEDS a square setup for 'handling purposes', but I will concede that some people might prefer the way it handles with a square (or close to) setup. I'm sure Nissan engineers tried a tire size or two and played with the stagger front to rear before settling on a 30mm offset F/R. I find the balance to be pretty neutral on the track, with maybe a hint towards oversteer with 275/305 and my suspension settings the way they are.

If you want the back end to come around even more easily though, I can see why you'd want that. I think a couple of members here have tried a totally square option just to have the flexibility of rotating all the tires as well. Totally agree the larger rears aren't needed from a traction perspective with NA builds though, RE-11's or the like in stock sizes would give you more than enough grip.

I hope that setup works well, feedback when you get it all installed and on the track