View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 02:15 PM   #13 (permalink)
Fountainhead
Track Member

Drives: 2019 Civic Type R
Fountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud of

From what I've seen the NavTool takes the video signal INTO the LCD from the on board Nav/Radio controller and substitutes the Reverse camera image in place of the Navi image when it receives the Reverse camera trigger wire signal. That way the car movement lockout is bypassed. It's a simple workaround but I'm too lazy to make one up.

I did see another thread on here where someone connected the backup camera to the Composite Video Aux input but when his car moves (in reverse) the video signal won't display unless his parking brake is up even slightly to activate the parking brake line. Not a very good workaround but I'd be willing to bet you could connect a relay to the parking brake signal line to mimic the brake being up but that would cause a warning on the orange LCD, as long as it ends when the car exits reverse I guess I could live with it. That way you don't have to rip the damn dash out and jack it all up and around to get reverse camera. BUT you would have to switch to Aux input anytime you wanted to see your reverse camera.....nothings easy. This solution does put everything wiring wise in the little console instead of the dash though.

Just a thought.

Last edited by Fountainhead; 03-05-2013 at 06:55 PM.
Fountainhead is offline   Reply With Quote