View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 02:06 PM   #114 (permalink)
Haboob
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '18 GTI Autobahn DSG
Haboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuTinmuch View Post
If I was buying a car today all I can tell you is that I wouldn't be visiting a Nissan showroom. That isn't because they don't make good cars, it's because as of right now they are behind the competition.

What do you think is so innovative about Nissan? I'm curious. The GT-R? Because the Evo X is basically technologically identical. The Leaf? Because while I don't have the same hate everyone else does for electric cars, it isn't exactly a leap forward in technology (if it was you'd see more of them on the road).

Likewise, I don't give two ***** about a car being a true "sports car." I don't care. I don't care at all. And really, the reality is that anyone who trashes a car for the sole reason of "it isn't a TRUE sports car" is... well, the nicest thing I can say is silly.

All I care about is fun. What car offers me fun? If I walk into a Ford showroom I can find cars that I can afford that are fun.

If I walk into a Nissan showroom I can find fun, too. But I can't afford it or it is outdated.

Also -- I don't get this racing legacy talk. What does it matter? If we are comparing Nissan and Ford, then Ford likely even wins there.
Styling is what sets them apart.

Ford (and all of the other American companies) lack in artistic capabilities - proven by their "retro" designs of their most popular cars.

Are you seriously marketing your higher-end cars to an older crowd? You're going to lose your fan base quickly.

The new Mustang body style is awful, and don't even get me started on the interior.

Same with the Camaro, Charger, and Challenger. Do they perform? Probably, but I wouldn't be caught dead in any one of them due to their ugly looks. Even the CTS-V Coupe has an ugly rear-end.

There isn't anything out there that compares to the Z's styling in or below it's price bracket - The Genesis Coupe is the closest.

As for legacy, Ford doesn't have much of one outside of NASCAR and post-GT40 era (and Australia). It's all been the other manufacturers (Dodge and Chevy) in the LeMans circuit, Daytona, etc.