View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 06:32 AM   #215 (permalink)
mults
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 (40th) #706
mults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger123 View Post
I just ordered my Berk CBE. Should be here on Friday March 8, 2013. Really excited and can't wait to receive it. I did not go with the HFC's as I live in a really quiet neighborhood. I also want to see what it's like w/o the HFC's first. All the videos and sound clips about this exhaust look and sound fantastic. This is why I went with the Berk. I spent the last three/four weeks researching all CBE's for the Z. I had it narrowed down to the Tanabe and Berk and eventually decided on the Berk.

I see from reading this tread early on Berk had some fitment issues with some Z's. I would assume Berk has worked this issue out by now. Now that it has been a few years since they originally came out, I was wondering if anyone has installed this system recently and what their thoughts/comments are. My daughters boyfriend is a mechanic and will be installing the Berk CBE this coming weekend, Saturday March 9, 2013.

Can't wait!!
I have the CBE and the HFC's that I installed last May. I did the CBE first, and then a few months later, I got the HFC's. To me, just the CBE alone was nice and mellow, but I wanted something that sounded more aggressive. That is exactly what I got after installing the HFC's. In total, it probably took me 3 hours to install both systems, but this was using a friends drive-on lift. The fit and finish was beautiful, and really compliments the look of the Z. The only issue was with the "demon bolts" on the exhaust manifolds. If you don't know about these bolts, I suggest you search and be prepared for the worst. Mine were not too bad, but it did take some work to get them off.

Once you are done, I guarantee that you are going to love the sound of the Berks. I know I do, and the stares that I get when I take off is priceless.

Good luck with the install.
Build Date/Number: 1/27/2010 #706
Berk HFC + CBE, R2C CAI, Clear Bra, Cleveland Z Club
mults is offline   Reply With Quote