View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 01:07 AM   #31 (permalink)
Haboob
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '18 GTI Autobahn DSG
Haboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_ealot View Post
i will agree with you that splitting lanes is safest for a biker, but the sad fact is here in southern california and especially orange county most sport bike riders act like asshats on the freeway and cant lane split properly for their life not to mention half the time they are doing almost double the speed limit. i can not tell you how many times i've been nearly hit while staying in my own lane minding my own business by these guys on their sport bikes and then to top it off when i pull up to a red light and it turns green they haul off like a bat out of hell when no one is trying to race them. sticking on topic though that cop was definitely in the wrong on this one.
Also...

I know lane splitting is legal in Cali, but not being used to it and sitting in traffic on the freeway when I'm there visiting I had a bike FLY by me. I'm at maybe 5mph and he flies between us at about 45-50.

Scared the **** out of me and I almost jerked the wheel in that direction not knowing what was going on (couldn't see in the mirrors due to it being night, other traffic, and a slight curve) - they don't take that into account when they do this stuff. It's a stupid law, IMO, to allow them to do that.
Haboob is offline   Reply With Quote