View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 11:34 PM   #104 (permalink)
Z_ealot
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Touring/Sprt
Z_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
While there may be some fanboyism to Shamu's commentary. In the most basic sense. He is right. Only thing is. Fords 5.0 is far from ancient, It's all new, They have a live axle, which is dirt cheap to manufacture compared to IRs yet they sell stangs in the same range as IRS cars. FACT is: The mustang is Not technically a sports car. And nissan has led in efficiency technology over the last 5 years or so.

Altima may be boring but gets 38highway on a large frame, No car weighs 3100lbs and is as big as the altima, which makes it a fast accelerator. Basically, Nissan can do with a regular engine, what ford needs eco-boost tricks to do. No DI or special fuel saving tricks. Pure intelligent engineering. There has to be merit given where due. The Leaf truly is the most successful EV cuz no one else can build a EV as high quality as the leaf and keep it under $40k.

He's not delusional. He's just over-emphasizing based on nissan negativity in the nissan forum. That said. I'm still disappointed with the overall altima/sentra external design... Lacks exciting lines. They should have borrowed a little bit more from the ellure concept. Lets see what the altima/sentra refresh looks like in 2016?

Nissan has produced great sporty entries. But the G37 is no more a sports car than the mustang. (Exception: BOSS302/shelby) I don't subscribe to 2 seats = sports car. There are 4 seat sports cars. Given the performance of the GT-R and its performance features. I would declare it as a bonifide sports car that is amazing. Many will nitpick on the part time AWD and DCT to discredit it as a tried and true sports car. But if some can be open minded about Tesla's? Then there's room to be open minded about DCT's even more-so.

i'll also add though that the new sentra i see as more of a competitor to hondas civic because when you compare specs between the 2 as far as their sedans go im not even kidding they both look almost identical as far as performance figures go and that's what i think nissan is aiming for in the sentra now is for it to be more of a competitor for the regular civic, just a point A to point B commuter car just a step up from the versa in terms of features, comfort and roominess. honestly after having seen a new sentra actually driving around on the road i kinda like the design, its not sporty thats for sure, but it does have a certain maturity to the design and thats also who i think nissan is aiming more towards as far as demographics of who is going to buy it is the mid 30's to 40's crowd who are just looking for a cheap but comfortable point A to point B commuter car that offers the features they want but cant get in say a versa.