View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 11:20 PM   #29 (permalink)
Z_ealot
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Touring/Sprt
Z_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackrite View Post
He seems to be doing a pretty good job of splitting lanes there. Nothing out of the ordinary or unsafe about that vid.

What's wrong with splitting lanes, other than it being illegal? Does it make you jealous, scared, envious, or does it actually somehow ruin your day? You should realize that splitting lanes is perfectly safe so long as we don't have people intentionally trying to hit us. It causes absolutely no inconvenience to cars and it won't make a person in a car take longer to get to where they are going. Splitting lanes also improves traffic congestion. But, I guess it makes you feel like a big man to try and either end a person's life or physically debilitate them for life just to prove a point or get some kind of personal victory or satisfaction. I've had my fair share of people like you and if I ever actually do go down because of it, then it's likely my GoPro can help get the driver vehicular manslaughter or attempted murder charges.

He probably stopped so abruptly because he thought he was in the white car's blind spot and wasn't sure if the car was going to cut him off. At that point it is better to slow down, though perhaps not so abruptly, than to speed up because he had nowhere to go ahead since it's not legal to split in Nevada. It has happened to me many times where a cop will get on my *** to most likely get my plates just in case I try to run if he tries to stop me for any reason. That's my guess as to what the cop was doing in that video and that's also a perfect example of why splitting should be legal everywhere because the bike woulda been in front of all the cars at the stop light and that situation never would have happened.
i will agree with you that splitting lanes is safest for a biker, but the sad fact is here in southern california and especially orange county most sport bike riders act like asshats on the freeway and cant lane split properly for their life not to mention half the time they are doing almost double the speed limit. i can not tell you how many times i've been nearly hit while staying in my own lane minding my own business by these guys on their sport bikes and then to top it off when i pull up to a red light and it turns green they haul off like a bat out of hell when no one is trying to race them. sticking on topic though that cop was definitely in the wrong on this one.
Z_ealot is offline   Reply With Quote