View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 10:16 PM   #28 (permalink)
Ackrite
Base Member

Drives: '12 White Nismo Z
Ackrite is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmike2780 View Post

Here he is lane spliting...
( Click to show/hide )
He seems to be doing a pretty good job of splitting lanes there. Nothing out of the ordinary or unsafe about that vid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haboob View Post
Yeah. I can't stand bikes that split lanes (illegal here in AZ)... so I just merge to the line when I see them coming by.

Then they yell at me like I did something wrong - nope, I'm in my lane *******. You have to wait in traffic like the rest of us.

But back on topic - it is pretty stupid to have those kind of vid's up then claim your some sort of law abiding citizen and play victim in the latest vid. Granted the officer was in the wrong, but his reputation isn't that great.
What's wrong with splitting lanes, other than it being illegal? Does it make you jealous, scared, envious, or does it actually somehow ruin your day? You should realize that splitting lanes is perfectly safe so long as we don't have people intentionally trying to hit us. It causes absolutely no inconvenience to cars and it won't make a person in a car take longer to get to where they are going. Splitting lanes also improves traffic congestion. But, I guess it makes you feel like a big man to try and either end a person's life or physically debilitate them for life just to prove a point or get some kind of personal victory or satisfaction. I've had my fair share of people like you and if I ever actually do go down because of it, then it's likely my GoPro can help get the driver vehicular manslaughter or attempted murder charges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lol1234 View Post
Was expecting much worse but I have never been on a bike. Can someone explain why he stopped so abruptly? I get the white car is trying to merge but I thought he would have just kept a slower pace.
He probably stopped so abruptly because he thought he was in the white car's blind spot and wasn't sure if the car was going to cut him off. At that point it is better to slow down, though perhaps not so abruptly, than to speed up because he had nowhere to go ahead since it's not legal to split in Nevada. It has happened to me many times where a cop will get on my *** to most likely get my plates just in case I try to run if he tries to stop me for any reason. That's my guess as to what the cop was doing in that video and that's also a perfect example of why splitting should be legal everywhere because the bike woulda been in front of all the cars at the stop light and that situation never would have happened.
Ackrite is offline   Reply With Quote