View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 01:21 PM   #40 (permalink)
b15
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 4drz
b15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys, sorry to revive this thread. I'm a new owner and was searching the forums and came across this thread basically describing what I have.

In neutral, clutch out, idling and I get a whining noise. Clutch in and it's gone. Let it out and it starts up again. Looks to be the input shaft bearing and you guys are saying this is normal? I have 17k miles. Other than the whine, the car shifts fine and no other odd noises.

I'm just curious because I've also read threads on other forums saying that the whine is the first sign of the input shaft bearing failure which can cause harm to the gears and could ultimately ruin the trans. Am I just over-reacting?
b15 is offline   Reply With Quote