View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 07:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
Shamu
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Racecar
Shamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusty View Post
The black car is a good friend of mine, however my car is yellow with silver/grey BRE stripes #101. I also used to run it at the PCA events when ESCA members were allowed to run PCA events since we share the same surface on the backside of the Sonoma County Airport. Unfortunately PCA doesn't allow this anymore.
Thanks for the replies so far. SCCA now allows you to change either front or rear bar in stock class. It seems that for an otherwise stock car perhaps the stiffest might not be best so as to not totally unbalance the car. It seems like i could end up with lots of understeer. I have seen "crash bolts" for front camber adjustment (tire rack) which seems like perhaps a good match with the front bar change, but i'm not sure the legality of this in stock. I have talked to people about this, but never seem to get a clear answer.
As long as you get big tires under the front and give the car an AX alignment you won't have an issue with understeer. Just put small amount of toe out upfront and car will turn. I may be mistaken but don't think those bolts would do anything for our suspension. You need to do something with upper arm which would be against rules in stock. In stock class if rule doesn't say you can do something you can't do it. No gray area.