View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 09:55 PM   #113 (permalink)
Crash
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 02 Corvette Z06
Crash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond repute

^^^ Don't forget about drive train loss and what not. GM drivetrains suck when it comes to keeping power. They're very heavy stock and not very efficient.

But yes, my numbers were for REAL tq. Power can't be messured the same way, unfortunately. There's a completely different math you need to use, however, you can still do the math with BHP.

But I'm sure you know it's not power that wins 1/4 mile races, it's torque. That was my goal, to show how the Z puts down more torque to the wheels per pound that the car weighs than the Camaro. Arguing beyond first gear is pointless because the Camaro will not have a close-ratio transmission. GM gears are always tall. The Z will have short gears up to 5th, so it's a crap shoot since the LSx motors make more torque at lower RPMs.

Yes, I know LSx motors make power very easily with a few little mods here and there. I used to own one. Just an intake, long tubes and a tune would give you 40RWHP with those motors. I'm all about straight line AND the twisties, which is why I made my decision, although, if it I were getting another American car, it'd be the Challenger, not a GM. I will NEVER buy another GM until their environmental and political goals align with mine.