View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 04:07 PM   #54 (permalink)
Dwnshift
Track Member

Drives: NISMO 370Z RC
Dwnshift is a name known to allDwnshift is a name known to allDwnshift is a name known to allDwnshift is a name known to allDwnshift is a name known to allDwnshift is a name known to all

First and foremost...the TEAM did an awesome "never give up/never say die" all hands effort getting it back together and competitive.
I backed us in that position and it kills me.
Part of the deal... gotta take the good with the bad..and be accountable.
Those that have meet me or know me... Know what this team and program mean to me... this was an exception and not the norm.
Now onto the race....
Actually with these races....the first hour and a half..you just drive the car and keep it in one piece .
If you know how...you move the car up ...steady keeping it out of trouble....not abusing the equipment...handing it over for the final hour sprint...this is what experience brings.
This was our game plan and it was working moving up to 14th position in the first 12 laps or so.
I believe it was a hose clamp on the radiator that gave way. The crew fixed it in a timely manner.
There was an electrical issue where our brake lights were stuck on... And grand am was going to make us fix them at the first stop...this was actually what took the longest. The problem had to be traced and all the connections are up under the dash panel.
Just wasn't in the cards for us this weekend.
I want to thank all the guys and gals in the Nissan coral that showed up an were offering buys and pieces from their own cars....to ensure we made the race.
I know what these cars mean to their owners... there is a lot of pride , love and money that goes into them. For them pitch in and offer was parts from their own cars ... was truly a humbling experience.x
Dwnshift is offline   Reply With Quote