View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 02:55 PM   #32 (permalink)
Thorazine_IM
Base Member

Drives: 13 Nissan 370Z PW M6
Thorazine_IM is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordo! View Post
It's bricked -- google "bricked ECU" for more info

I believe you might be able to get it to unlock pulling the battery cables and leaving it like that for a few hours to clear everything out of memory, but if that doesn't work you'll have to have it dealt with by Nissan.

There may be other tricks to un-brick it you can find with searching -- not 100% that my suggestion works alone, so do some research to confirm.

Hyper tech is at fault ONLY if they don't specify what model years it works for -- in other words "09+" is ambiguous whereas "09-11" is not.

How to Unbrick an ECU. Like A Boss! - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com

the subaru community has a diy for unbricking the ecu. nissan people need to step it up a lil bit and come up with one too! lol. i dont think im up for that much work though. its all good. i went the safe route and did everything through the dealer so everythings under warranty. they already ordered my ecu and is shipping from japan soon. dealer said its not available in the states. it makes sense though. how many 2013s out there fry their ecu? im probably the first one! it sucks not having my car around though.
Thorazine_IM is offline   Reply With Quote