View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 02:44 PM   #76 (permalink)
irondoc
Base Member

Drives: 13 370 6MT sport tou
irondoc is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nut_N_Much View Post
Mine was used and sat around for 2 years on some guys shelf.. It is a V3 SC the older ones are V2's. My Y pip is completely open.

I have looked at some cast aluminum 8 inch tubing. I was thinking of chopping it in half and welding 4 inches to each side to extend the intake side of the Y. KellyeFields made a nice shield our of some flat sheet Aluminum, I might do that to if the factory shield isn't working. Will bring it to the Dyno.. I cut out the fins inside of the front bumper. I got nice access into the that area.
Do you intend to use the honeycombs? Even the Stillen engineer I spoke with thought it might be a good idea. Maybe Osiris will sell you his. If the Stillen engineer is right my problem may have nothing to do with the Y-pipe intake. And you may not have any issues at all. Stillen has been selling these kits for years and there are not a ton of people chiming in here.

Just thought I would mention that other than this truly minor drive-ability issue the kit truly has been awesome - totally changed the character of the car.
irondoc is offline   Reply With Quote