View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 11:01 AM   #4281 (permalink)
blackcherry20
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: ‘17 badazz Z51
blackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaZ View Post
So, in case anyone is wondering "Where in the world is LunaZ?", I'm back in Harrisburg as of yesterday around dinner time.

I was facing a second day of hanging out in Toronto... I don't really consider it "stranded" or "stuck" since it's a cosmopolitan city with cool things to do and see and great places to eat. Although the $60 each way cab ride between the airport hotel and the city made me cringe a little.
Flights into St. John's kept getting cancelled because of the weather there and it wasn't even certain that my Sunday morning flight would happen.

Just when I was talking with my people to figure out how to cram a two day programme into one, I get a text from the beauty supply distributor saying that the roof of the building at their learning centre is leaking profusely and nearing collapse from all the snow, rain and ice they've been having. The programme will need to be cancelled and rescheduled.

I get on the phone with Air Canada and tell them I need to go home. The guy on the phone says, "Get to the airport right now, there's a flight to Harrisburg leaving in two hours. You'll just make it through customs and security. I'll call the ticket counter to let them know you're coming."
He was super helpful and stayed on the phone with me until I got to the ticket counter to make sure everything was cool.

I leave my meal vouchers and whatever CAD dollars I had left on the table hoping it was enough to cover the steak and eggs, Guinness and Jameson I was having for breakfast and bust through the front door of the hotel with my luggage and jump into a cab. Which, by the way, was almost $20 for something like 3 miles.

I actually made it through customs and security with enough time to stop at the Molson Pub in Terminal 1 to enjoy another boring Canadian beer. Sorry, guys!

As soon as I got to MDT, I drove straight to Hershey, where I enjoyed a good craft beer and some pork belly at Tröegs Brewery. Nugget Nectar... Ahhhh!

Anyway, I'm back home now with a few days off.
I'm a little bored and really bummed out I didn't make it to Newfoundland (AGAIN!) but at least I'm getting paid
i wondered "where in the world is LunaZ" sounds like a very helpful AirCanada guy!!! Very nice to hear as we all know air travel can be challenging