View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 01:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
AK370Z
Administrator

Drives: 09 370Z MB Sports M6
AK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond repute
Default THE370Z is moving to a new Server (process starts 3/2/13)

Dear THE370Z members,

The370Z is moving to a new server starting today . I have seen an opportunity to do an upgrade on our server and I took the opportunity. I DO apologize for very short notice but I know I can count on your co-operation. Granted, the forum is running smoothly at this point on our current server but this upgrade will help keep the forum running smoother, (slightly) faster and more importantly safer (and less downtime) in the long run.

Our forum will benefit from the following features/upgrades after moving to this new server:
  • This new server will feature multiple hard drive configuration which allows for increased read speeds for faster delivery of requested data. This feature helps GREATLY in a event of HD failure as data can simply be delivered from other HD. I'm sure you guys all remember the HD failure issue in November of 2010. Things like that will cause NO downtime with this server.

• The new server will feature a "Server Hardware Monitoring" allowing my server company to monitor the server for any potential hardware failures and proactively resolve these issues before they result in any downtime and/or possible data loss.

• New server will also have a faster processor with more cores which will result in a FASTER forum browsing. It's not going to be much but even if it's little faster than now, it's always more fun to browse the forum (especially for the members who spend "quite" a lot of hours here on the forum aka s haha )

• This new server will have more advanced backup solutions, allowing for increased flexibility and control over the backups.

Just like previous server upgrades, I'm NOT increasing any fees for the forum. The premium membership will stay at the current price -- $15 for regular Premium Membership and $20 for "Premium Membership with Decal". The vendor fees will STILL stay the same. I haven't change any vendor fee since the launch of the forum in 2008! Gas prices went from $1.54 to $3.90, standard cost of living has went up in all aspect but I have still maintained the same fees on my forum. I believe THE370Z is one of the few forum out there with the MOST data/features available to regular members (non premium) and with fewest ads (actually none). I feel that I want to provide my members with the best experience possible without cluttering up the place with ads and such. I want every piece of information (about 370z) available to ALL my members, not just a small group of paid members like most other forum does it. I know it's been a tough economy for motorsports and vendors. I understand that. That's why I never increased the price of vendor fees.

With that said, if you feel that you want to donate or help aid in increasing the "THE370Z maintenance fund", feel free to use the Donate button located right below the forum banner (even vendors are welcome to as well). There's no such thing as "too small amount" of donation. From $5 to $100, everything is greatly appreciated by me! You can also support the forum by becoming a PREMIUM member . I have never forced anyone to contribute to our forum fund. It should be from heart. If you feel that THE370Z has helped you or your company in ANY way, you're always welcome to give something back. I truly appreciate all the support you guys have given me since the launch of the forum (October 23rd, 2008).

I will keep you guys posted on the details of Server Migration. The will be a little bit of downtime. So, if you see that THE370Z is down, do not panic. I'll most likely put the updates on our FACEBOOK account with most up to date info

The370Z Forum | Facebook

or

our Nismo site: THENISMOZ.com. Feel free to register and make yourself at home.

Again, I’d like to thank you for being a part of this forum. Without your help and support, THE370Z would not be where it is now. THANK YOU for all you've done for the forum and me. I'd like to express my thanks to all the super mods, moderators and admin assistants who keep this site on track day to day. Server moves are ALWAYS painful. Hopefully everything goes smooth.

PS: You may have noticed, I turned off "rep system" temporarily as I'm working on it. I'll reinstate the rep system some time next week. Sorry for no heads up and thank you for you patience

UPDATE 3/15/13

Just to update everyone here,
If you are having trouble logging in or seeing our forum during next 48 hours, that's because we are in the very last phase of our transfer. Please do not panic. I have chosen this weekend because I know there will be many people out drinking and enjoying the "St. Patricks Day" Weekend. Also, I have noticed that Vendors "DO" appreciate weekend downtime over weekdays. So, lets hope everything will be good and a little faster. Keep your fingers crossed. Also, Rep Power is back

Thanks

AK

PS: If you have sent me a private message and I haven't reply yet, please do not get upset. I'm not ignoring you. I'm just busy with a few other things and I promise I will reply them as they were received accordingly. I am really sorry.
My Monterey Blue Z ll My Exhaust --> My Intake --> G3
Nissan's Official Response Regarding Oil Temp Issue: CLICK HERE
Need a Set of Cheap Winter wheels /Tires? Then Visit The Banner Link Below and Place Your Order. You'll Help Keep The370Z Alive.
AK370Z is offline   Reply With Quote