View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 12:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
DEpointfive0
Premium Member Bitches

Drives: a lot
DEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbowers825 View Post
I feel like I have the stupidest problems in the world. Sigh. lol
LOL, sorry brother.
Mine doesn't "spring up" by any means, but it for sure isn't as craptasic as yours

IMO, you have 3 choices.
Dealershit: (I went in once for the same thing/it rattled) and they replaced the WHOLE assembly... But I think the lid comes as it's own piece as well
DIY (1): Take the whole thing out and disassemble it and put a rubber band, or something else that is stretchy (but hopefully won't oxidize over time like a rubber band) to pull the back and flip the lid open
DIY (2): put some rubber stoppers in the rim of the lid (by rubber stoppers I mean those clear nub things they use and anti slip feet)

If you do a DIY, please take a million pictures and please do a write up!