Thread: More Sidewayz!
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 09:55 AM   #156 (permalink)
VDC_OFF
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 370Z M6
VDC_OFF is a splendid one to beholdVDC_OFF is a splendid one to beholdVDC_OFF is a splendid one to beholdVDC_OFF is a splendid one to beholdVDC_OFF is a splendid one to beholdVDC_OFF is a splendid one to beholdVDC_OFF is a splendid one to behold

Finally made time to put these studs/spacers on. I tried before but found out that I cant just slide these in because they are too long, an extra 25mm over stock which is like double the size of the oem ones. Ended up putting it back together for when I had more time to pull the hub. Pulling the hub was not an easy task. Required getting to the 4 bolts behind the knuckle, which meant pulling out the axles, then getting my breaker bar in there meant dropping the camber and traction arms, which meant dropping the ladder support. This is what my car looked like after all this:

Now came the next problem, studs werent going in as easy as I thought they would. After closer inspection, I noticed the knurls did not look the same.

I counted them and saw that arp had 45 and oem had 35. I wrote Justin at Z1 and he said that he has installed these same WRX ARP studs on many Z's, you just have to press them in. He said the knurls arent as important so much as the diameter. Not having much choice since I need my car for a road trip a few days later I rented a press from autozone.

Here they are back on the car. Now to bolt everything back up and torque to specs with my new torque wrench I got for Christmas.

Rear is now as flush as the front

Now that thats done and I just got paid, time to buy tires and register for this:
VDC_OFF is offline   Reply With Quote