Thread: Which Diff?
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2009, 10:25 AM   #14 (permalink)
Timmer1978
Base Member

Drives: '09 370z Touring
Timmer1978 is on a distinguished road

Newb question....

"Spirited Street Driving" ...That's code for peeling out at street lights right? I bought the non-sport package touring model and I've been thinking about the differential quite a bit. I guess I'm just not sure how much difference there would be versus the stock open diff.
TBH I'm having difficulty deciding what should take priority when it comes to aftermarket parts, but that's an entirely different topic of its own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrute View Post
I've read what I could find here about Diff's but I'm still undecided on which one to get.

With winter coming, I want to get a LSD installed soon. The Z is my only car so on all but the worst winter days I'll be driving (will carpool with the wife in her SUV on really bad days). Yes I have winter tires ready to go.

So which Diff do you recommend for the following priorities (in order):

Quality
Price
Durability

I listed durability last as I don't plan on tracking the car much if at all. Mostly I want a LSD for improved winter traction and improved traction for spirited street driving.

The Carbonetic looks good but I'm not sure I need to spend that much.

Recommendations? Thanks in advance.

Edited to add: I don't have the sport package so > open diff. Not something I want to rely on this winter.
Timmer1978 is offline   Reply With Quote