View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 09:31 PM   #42 (permalink)
scruffydog
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: with his eyes close
scruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
you can play with the offset calculator at 1010tires.com

I know for sure that 9.5 +46 comes close to the inner limits with 275s, with 295s, I rub the control arm and require a 5mm spacer. That would make them a 9.5 +41, which has the same inner clearance as a 10.5 +33, so I would go no higher than that.

martin, you definitely want to raise it. Mine was too low and I destroyed the bottom of my first stillen bumper and had to replace it, and then my Zspeed undertray was hitting the ground and sparking in the braking zones, so I was getting black flagged.
Thank you Mike, I actually spent all day playing on that site. Since I'm new to offsets and spacers, trying to learn it all in 1 day is pretty intense mixed with going to different websites looking at options. I even thought about posting pics of what I thought might work as my setup for benchmark.

I then went to see what others had on this forum which worked, but everybody seems to only care about 19" & 20" for looks and making it flush.

I want to thank you all for being so patient and helpful with me. I hate to ask so many questions and sound like an idiot but you guys really helped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintfocus View Post
I did alot of research on this, ask martin, and 18x10.5 is scarce, but their are options. and it works extermely well on the 370
I totally believe you which is why I appreciate so much for helping me out. I spent all day creating this spreadsheet of wheels that doesn't work and it's frustrating. I think in the end, I'm okay with using spacers, I just wish to use better looking wheels. Right now, I think the NT03+M 18x10.5" with 285 Hankook R-S3 looks pretty promising. I don't even mind upping my budget to $2K for Welds or Works if I find anything, but right now my options look pretty slim.