View Single Post
Old 10-01-2009, 09:48 AM   #148 (permalink)
Denny McLain
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z, 96CE hotrod
Denny McLain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonStopTuning View Post
Most of our customers have reported much better throttle response through the entire RPM range, leading to smoother upshifting and more precise downshifting, due to the fact that rev-matching becomes easier with a more responsive engine.
While what your saying is probably true that people do report it, personally seriously doubt a true perceivable effect. Happen to also be one of those that when the oil is changed, the car seems to run better yet I really know different.

Any performance car can have as much as a 15 hp greater gain just from morning to afternoon by having a front of cool dry air pass through yet no one seems to notice it. Butt dyno's seem to break down easily, results aren't very reliable and the correction factors way off. Hell, the air conditioner is usually a 20 hp parasitic drain, yet I'd bet most can't tell if the air is on or off when they drive.

In comparison to other cars I've owned, one of the things I don't like about the 370Z is a delay in throttle response and a disconnect feel regarding revving both up and down. Simply a lag and delay I'm not used to. Hoping tuning software will correct this somewhat or it may even be a hidden function of the Rev Matching that I never turn off.

What I did notice from an under drive pulley is the car is less prone to spinning the tires upon hard shifting as the lighter pulley reduces the flywheel effect. The clutch may also be breaking in and that might contribute to the lessened wheel spin also but it would be very coincidental if it did.

Anyone whom is saying they notice a 3-4 hp gain is smoking some good dope or seeing the image of Christ in clouds. Maybe both. A wise decision to add the pulley(s) however, as 3-4 hp gains are how the big NASCAR and NHRA boys do it and it all adds up.