View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 03:15 PM   #18 (permalink)
MJB
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: a POS truck
MJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gauge View Post
You don't need a tune. Reset the ECU and let the ECU work... I don't know why people think you need a tune for breathing mods. A tune is going to yield more HP on a stock car. But you have to add the cost of a license and the tune and it's not worth a few HP. Your cars ECU will get you more HP with the breathing mods.
Sometimes the ECU can't compensate for bolts ons, sometimes it can. Example, my 350z was running dangerously lean in the upper rpm range with just bolt ons prior to my Uprev tune. My spark plugs were burnt up pretty bad as well. After I got it tuned everything was kosher. So IMO a tune is worth it. Yes, you are correct, a tune usually only nets you a few hp, buuuuttt, it also cleans up and sets the a/f ratio where it needs to be, along with other great benefits such as eliminating throttle lag, adjust the redline, ect ect....

OP.. put it on a dyno and see where your A/F is at... guaranteed its going to be lean.
09 Nismo #0483 sold. Viper or C7 next time around.

Last edited by MJB; 02-28-2013 at 03:18 PM.
MJB is offline   Reply With Quote