View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 01:12 PM   #89 (permalink)
Joepro
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Company car
Joepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond repute

I work in service, and have crazy experiences with saleman everyday. The ones who make it a career learn the products and are successfully, that is abot 30% of the salesforce. The rest are the revolving door, they use the job as a stepping stone so they have employment, they do not care about you or the car, they care about $$. These are the ones that come to service to ask stupid question about oil, tires features etc, tell people lies etc... its ashame really...I hear 5-6 times a day "My salesman told me" the rest does not matter because whatever followed that line is a lie, as I type this I just delt with it, we have coupons we give new car buyers for first oil change for 15.95(it was free until honda switch to 0w-20 oil, its dang expensive) its clearly stated on the coupon, but his salesman told him it was free...imagine that, and that salesman quit last week. The sales manager picked up the tab, but come on!
In service we are required to take training modules on all the new cars, and still we do not know everything. Image the sales guys have 8-10 models, and many trim levels do not forget, I have cars coming in from 20 years plus and we are expected to know all the features and techincal aspects of 20+ years of cars...Its also amazing when you go to buy car AND TELL THEM YOU WORK AT A DEALER and they start their shenanigians...I had to walk out of a place I drove 3 hours to get to because they tried to scam me.

Last edited by Joepro; 02-28-2013 at 01:17 PM.
Joepro is offline   Reply With Quote