View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 11:52 AM   #79 (permalink)
Cmike2780
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: slowwww
Cmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond repute

'Murican buyers want horsepower but what they actually buy are practical 4 cylinders. Aside form the top selling Trucks, the best selling cars have been Camry, Accord, Civic, Corolla, Altima...etc....etc...

Nissan builds cars like the Z and GT-R to satisfy an image of performance. Theoretically, someone gets enticed by the "pedegree" and leave the lot with something more suited in practicallity and price range. In reality, it's more like marketing....something designed to generate revenue for the rest of the line up. This is why Toyota has the GT-86....heck, they didn't even want to do it on their own.

The Z isn't that fragile. Your points are valid, but others probably think it's a bit OCD. I'm a bit OCD when it comes to keeping it clean. I for one hate the crappy paint and a few other minor nuisances, but it's been a pretty solid car IMO. I've even had "warped" rotors.....twice. Not that big of a deal to me, but I can see why it would bother you. What I like about the car still greatly outweighs what I hate about it. The only way you ever become satisfied with your car in every aspect is to design and build the car yourself from the ground up. I only wish I had the funds for such an endeavor.

Cmike2780 is offline   Reply With Quote