View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 09:14 AM   #32 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadoquad View Post
I have read through a lot of this thread. Basically, I think they're just different companies. Nissan isn't doing poorly, in my opinion. As much bashing as there is on the Z, it's still a lot of fun to drive. It'll still get your heart pumping and give you RWD thrills with gorgeous styling. It has its flaws. Maybe it's overpriced for what it is? I don't know. I still think it's a hoot at that price.

Ford is making quality motors right now, but each of its performance cars have some flaws, too. I don't like the way the v6 and v8 Mustang are listed separately. Just talk about the entire Mustang range. They're all bang for buck performance-wise. But I'm not 100% sold on them. They're big and ugly. If that's your thing, then cool. And yes, they're very fast and handle fairly well for their size.

The Focus and Fiesta ST are too small for me inside. I drove the Focus ST, and the Fiesta is bound to be even more cramped. They're pretty quick, but I'd rather buy a WRX in that segment. In fact, I did. And while the Fords are somewhat well-appointed in fancy designed interiors, they're still built with cheap materials underneath. You're paying for the performance.

All that said, I don't believe any of this bears a conclusion on the directions of the brands. Nissan is still selling Joe Public his Altima Sedan with CVT and making a huge buck off that. Ford is still selling base Focuses and pick-ups to Tom, ****, and Harry, and they're both doing well.
I agree with the quality comparo. But your taste in Fiesta's and Focus is seperate from the fact that at least Ford is taking affordable fun seriously throughout the range while this past 2 years. Nissan has been making snoozers. (Except Z and juke)
I have no complaints with the Z as a whole. but I have a problem with the low progressive, useless updates we are getting and the lack of enthusiam Nissan has shown for a GREAt car. ITS far from Bashing cuz the Z is an awesome car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One of the best out there...

But for the price increases and some of it's inherent weaknesses its had since fall 2008. nissan could have done more where it counted. Great car but it needed some things that nissan could have afforded to do but chose not to for what reason? I don't know.

PS. History proves Im NOT a Ford fan at all, but a spade is a spade.

Last edited by UNKNOWN_370; 02-28-2013 at 09:16 AM.