View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 09:18 PM   #334 (permalink)
RavenVixen
Base Member

Drives: 2010 Nissan 370Z
RavenVixen is on a distinguished road

Add me to the list...tonight I walked up to the passenger side of my car (2010 370z convertible) and pressed the key fob to unlock the car, both doors, got in, my husband got in drivers side and started the car...he said, "that's weird, there's a key light on over here...i looked at it and had never seen it before, but the car started and we drove home. I googled "key system light indicators" on the ride home and found this forum...started reading and was soooo thankful the car had started and we had made it home.

Once home and after reading pages of these posts i went back into the garage, opened the drivers side door and noticed the "key light" was still on, so i go in, pressed the brake, and pressed the start button and the car started...I shut it off, the light was still on, I got out and shut the drivers side door and the "key light" went off.

My plan at this point is to try to start the car in the morning and drive it straight to the dealership where i bought it and tell them to replace my IPDM and or lock solenoid before i get stuck out on the road and resort to calling a flatbed!!!

Can't believe I'm having this issue with a 2010 vehicle with less than 40k miles ...Rediculous...NISSAN if YOU ARE LISTENING...THIS Should be a RECALL!!! Thank you forum post'ers for all the information...I'm sure it will save me a lot of getting "the run around" from the dealer when i take it in tomorrow...(if it starts...here's hoping!)
RavenVixen is offline   Reply With Quote