View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 06:26 PM   #3603 (permalink)
Pintsize725
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2016 Mazda 6
Pintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurneyeagle View Post
Sorry to be the voice of doom here, but you need to find out if the paint the shop is using is water based or solvent based. The nail polish may not be the best thing to apply to water based paint.

You need to just take a deep breath and relax on this. Let the guys fix the paint before worrying about clearing it. If you are going to put clear bra over the spot anyway, you'll never that it was never clear coated.

When I painted the backings for my Z badges, I didn't clear them because I was applying clear bra to them.

They were a PERFECT match to the rest of the car.

Pint you've got way too much going for you to continually stress over these types of things and making yourself sick. IT IS NOT WORTH IT!

I want to see a smiley face from you young lady!
All I want is to enjoy a like new car for once. I didn't get that when buying and now that I'm being responsible and taking better care of it, I get shafted. I expected the chips again but not this soon.

Last edited by Pintsize725; 02-27-2013 at 06:33 PM.