View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 06:04 PM   #38 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

I went to test drive a 2009 used Z my wife found online at a dealership. They said an employee bought it the night before, and the listing wasn't even supposed to be posted. I said let me test drive one anyway and the used sales guy ended up making a brand new Z sale

Of course being used sales, he had no idea about any of the options, so I made sure to emphasize SPORTS PACKAGE specifically because I wanted to test SRM. I met him at the new showroom and they had a shiny red Z out front waiting ..... base model, I can tell immediately from the rims I let him get inside the passenger seat then half sit in the driver seat and point to the blank button where SRM would be. I said I need one that has an actual button here with a shift pattern on it. Like I said, it's the sports package.

( Click to show/hide )
Then I wait while the used car guy goes and searches and eventually finds a 2011 touring sport to test drive. He comes back without the car because he isn't comfortable pulling it out of the mess of car in their garage and there aren't any garage guys around I'm said show me where the car is and let's go. He reluctantly hands me the keys and we head up to the third story of a garage absolutely packed with new cars. Immediately I regret so boldly claiming I could maneuver this vehicle out of the spot. It is backed into the end spot immediately adjacent to the drive going down to the next level - I basically have to u-turn immediately, but there is absolutely no room whatsoever I analyzed the area for a few minutes and decided it was possible. Then I get in the car and go I CAN'T SEE $HIT!! It took about 8 times each back and forth and I got out of the car twice lol but I got it out finally and it was probably great practice getting to know the car Then we went on a fun test drive, though of course the guy didn't know how to turn off SRM. We negotiated a good price on a sport package base found at a dealership in Oklahoma and they sent me home in that red base Z as a loaner while they acquired our Z. I went home later that night and found that you have to hold down the button briefly to turn off SRM - on this forum of course

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote