Thread: In Dash Nav
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 05:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
cheshirecat
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N54 135i
cheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond repute

If you go with that unit, I'd definitely suggest a backup camera. Get the Nissan Livia one from ebay. They're all cheap- check the output picture on each one and make sure it's the type you like, though, as far as the bars/measurment overlay, etc.

If I were you, I would wire it up to switched power off of the reverse light and tie that into the reverse gear sense wire that will come off of the head unit. There will be a menu in the deck to change the sense type for the reverse camera so that you can make it switch automatically to the camera every time you go into reverse gear.

Honestly it's the thing I miss the most after uninstalling the whole system.
cheshirecat is offline   Reply With Quote