View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 02:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
DEpointfive0
Premium Member Bitches

Drives: a lot
DEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond repute

Another one that was AWESOME...
(I had a Maxima that was totaled and it sat at the dealershit, and they tried to sell me a new one, which I didn't mind)

So, they brought a white one and they guy, like every sales guy goes, clean CarFax, 1 owner... I do a quick walk around, feel the paint, and I noticed something not Kosher... Popped the hood, awesome, for SURE painted...
I told the guy, and of course, he says, CarFax CarFax!... (They REALLY love that dumb *** thing...)
I showed him the paint overspray on the door jamb and overspray on the battery, and asked "Oh, so this is the way cars are from the factory?" He thought I was retarded and brought the sales manager... Sales manager said, yep, it's been painted and got a little pissed that they bought a damaged car...

Next Maxima they brought... Guy says it's an SV (for non-Maxima people, S is BASE, SV is leather, foglights, turn signals on the mirrors, and home link?)
He brings it out, gunmetal and I said "Oh, so dealer added leather?"
"Oh no, this is factory"...
"Um... No... This is a base S with added leather, see the lack of foglights and mirror signals?"
"This is a special 2010 model, they offered just leather"
So since the manager was still hanging around waiting for me to see the second one. I asked if I could get a word with him privately. Brought him over to the car, showed him something and said... "Look your boy doesn't know a goddamn thing about these cars. I really doubt Nissan fúcked up the stitching" (the center console lid and the door panels are "leather" no matter what trim package you get, and the stitching is like browny-orange... The stitching on the seats was white... LOL!!!)
I also said, "by the way... Front bumper has been repainted, the rubber seal between the hood and the bumper is painted over"

He asked if I wanted a job or could teach their sales team how to ID their cars