View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 12:25 PM   #127 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportConvert View Post
Well, the dealership DID argue, my response was to just leave (I was holding up the driver who was with the body shop who was to take me back to my house while they worked on the car, I've been up for about 14 hours, and the service-writer and I seemed to have some chemistry that would get ugly, you know when you meet a guy in some sort of confrontation and you just KNOW it could escalate? Yeah. I didn't want that as an ego pissing match just isn't going to fix my car.). I then called the service manager, and told him the story roughly as follows:

Background: At 10K miles and change, the steering-wheel was shaking rather badly under braking from highway speeds. It was determined that the left-front rotor needed to be turned---TWICE, and the right front, once/cleaned up. The pads, I was told, did not show exceptional wear. Now, at 17K miles and change, the problem is back, albeit not quite as severe. In that 17K miles it has seen zero track time and only one set of tires up until about 50 miles ago. The Service department initially said what amounted to "Sorry, you drive it hard and that's what happens." to which I responded "On a 370Z with the Sport package, driving it on the street will warp the rotors twice in less than 20K miles, having not even but gone through one set of tires!?" Kindof got a shrug-like response from that. I explained that my 1995 Trans Am, 2001 Trans Am, and 2011 Z06 had NEVER had an issue like this, save once at 75K miles on the 2001 Trans Am, and then never again until I sold it 70K miles later. Another "Sorry".

Well, it wasn't good enough, so after getting home I called the Service Manager, and it seems that they are going to figure out why this is happening and take care of the issue, and are curious themselves.

As to those packages? No. I'm not going to spend $600+time or labor to install that. This car is a car, it's not my life, but I want it to work LIKE IT SHOULD. That means Nissan needs to handle up on their stuff and fix it. It seems like they are going to do that for me.

You're getting shrug responses cuz you're comparing a old azz single piston brake system and a $70k brake system from a Z 06 to a Z. I would be shrugging too if you were making other car comparisons in a nissan dealership. You're goal should have been to fix the issue. not make unrelated, pointless and senseless comparisons to a Z.

At least they will fix it for you. You may not have had that issue in those cars but GM has had their own series of BS issues and warranty repair is a bych with them...
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote