Thread: Hail Damage
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 11:19 AM   #8 (permalink)
Cmike2780
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: slowwww
Cmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond repute

Jeez...that sucks. That's a lot of work, even for paintless dent removal. The need to access the underside and basically push the dents out. I've seen it done with relatively good results, but it's going to be a huge undertaking. I don't think insurance is going to easily go the route of replacing every damaged panel, even though that's what I would want. The hardest part is going to be the rear fenders since it's technically part of the unibody. There's no easy way of getting behind the actual panel. I'm gonna guess around $2k-5k depending on the shop and what route they take in repairing. If they need to re-paint every panel on the car, basically a full re-spray, it's more like $5k-15k.

It's an act of nature, but the dealership should be partially liable while the car is in their hands. If you have a garage, argue that the Z would have been in the garage if the possibilty of hail was in the forecast.

Cmike2780 is offline   Reply With Quote